- Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- IP version 6 (IPv6)
- Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC)
- Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)
- Open Authorisation (oAuth)
- Multifactor authentication
- WS-Security protocols
- Interface for Metadata Access Points (IF-MAP)
- Application-level security
...SAML is an XML-based protocol used to exchange security information between security domains. It is used by most of the protocols I cover below, including OpenID and oAuth, as well as multifactor authentication, all of which are becoming more common on the internet...
Read the complete article in Computerworld New Zealand.